Charter member since 10 September 2008
World Record to be set in Montreal on April 23rd 2011 at 12:30PM!
Boutique Bummis & BabyAuric Diaper Service are co-hosting The Great Cloth Diaper Change 2011 at Bummis’ new boutique on St-Laurent Blvd.
This is a global effort to set a Guinness World Record for how many babies can be changed into cloth diapers at one time. There will be events in over 400 communities around the world – including Montreal.
The Green Party of Canada representative, François Pilon has graciously agreed to be the official witness for this first of its kind World Record attempt.
Cloth diapers have come a long way in the past 10 years, and our goal is to generate awareness, as cloth diapering once again becomes mainstream.
A few fun facts:
- Cloth diapers are really easy to use
- Diaper services deliver to your door, but cost the same or less than using disposables
- Buying and washing your own cloth diapers will save you about $2000
- Using cloth diapers will prevent one ton of garbage per baby from ending up in our landfills
- Babies love the softness and comfort of cloth diapers... and
- Cloth diapers are REALLY cute
Members of the press and community are invited to attend the fun-filled family event this April 23rd to show support for families using cloth diapers, Montreal diaper subsidy programming and local environmental initiatives.
Event Location: 4302 Saint Laurent, Montreal, QC H2W 1Z3
The official record breaking event will be taking place at 12:30pm EST. Arrive around 12:00pm for opening ceremonies. The day will include over $5000 of giveaways and fun family activities in Portugal Park.
What better way to celebrate Earth Day? Pre-registrants from http://clothdiapers.eventbrite.com will receive free gift bag and raffle tickets.
For more information: Jamie Wolfe (514 289-9855, x206) or Samantha Cockburn (514 483-2874)